With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, here is a list of date ideas that won’t break the bank. These don’t have to be restricted to your significant other either, most would be just as fun with your kid(s) or favourite gal pal(s). Go ahead and share the love!
IDEAS FOR STAYING IN…
- Make pizza or sushi together.
- Make chocolate covered strawberries.
- Have a fondue night.
- Indulge the international… make or order international cuisine. Then, watch a documentary or Google fun facts about, and plan a dream vacation to that place.
- Budget wine tasting—some of those $5 bottles will surprise you!
- Decide on your next Netflix binge.
- Have a movie marathon (mutual choice or each other’s favourites back-to-back).
- Play video games together. Just Dance, Wii Sports or Mario are fun for all.
- Play a card game. Mix it up and choose an interactive one, like Nertz.
- Play a board game.
- Play truth or dare.
- Play a drinking game.
- Have a dance party.
- Sing karaoke.
- Make a playlist.
- Read a book. Out loud. To each other.
- Get creative—paint, have a colouring contest.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Build something with Legos, playdough, toothpicks and marshmallows.
- DIY something.
- Marie Kondo your space.
- Indulge in at-home spa treatments.
- Do some Yin yoga.
- Make a couple’s bucket list.
- Write love letters to each other. “I appreciate this about you because…”
IDEAS FOR GOING OUT…
- Go for a walk/jog/run/bicycle ride.
- Go for a hike.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Go geocaching.
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Go stargazing.
- Play frisbee golf/bocce ball/cornhole.
- Have a nerf gun or water balloon fight.
- Go bowling/roller skating/ice skating/to play mini-golf or laser tag.
- Go to a matinee movie.
- Create a work of art with sidewalk chalk.
- Fly a kite or paper planes.
- Go fishing.
- Drive to the beach/mountains/lake/river.
- Make a fire and smore’s.
- Take a road trip.
- Attend a free concert.
- Go to an Art Walk.
- Go to the library or a bookstore.
- Explore your city like a tourist—bonus points for taking lots of selfies along the way.
- Find a food truck or hole-in-the-wall to eat at.
- Go out for dessert/coffee/tea.
- Go on a brewery tour.
- Thrift shop or garage sale gifts for each other. This can be serious and sweet or gaudy and awful. Choose your own adventure!
- Volunteer (at your local food bank, etc.)
Thanks for reading! If you have ideas that aren’t on this list, please feel free to share them in the comments below. And, as always, if you need help finding money to save or are curious about growing your wealth, I would love to chat via a FREE connection call.
You can also find me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for more money management and wealth-building tips.
Light and love,